Author Topic: IAC vs ACOL - Challenge #4 Sunday June 12th  (Read 4062 times)

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
IAC vs ACOL - Challenge #4 Sunday June 12th
« on: May 14, 2022, 07:32:26 PM »
Are we ready for the next "battle"?  ;)

The first Sunday in June is one long weekend in UK, so many of our opps would not be able to attend. That's why this month we'll hold the event on Sunday, June 12th, 2022. We'll have 2 starting times:
*  1100utc, 7am NY, noon London, 16:30 New Delhi, 11pm Auckland
*  1900 utc, 3pm NY, 8pm London, 7am Auckland
All those starting at 1100utc will play the same boards, and all those starting at 1900 utc will also play the same boards, but different from those at noon.
Each match is of 20 boards, played in two stanzas of 10, changing opponents at half-time. Scoring is by IMPs.

Please form your teams and choose a captain, who should mail IAC.at.BBO@gmail.com (and please CC me: sanja@sapo.pt), stating your team name, BBO usernames of the pairs in the team, and which session you prefer (earlier or later, either or both). If you want, you can play in both sessions, assuming we have enough opposing ACOL teams.
Each team can have more than 2 pairs, but there will be only 2 stanzas, the captains should inform us which pair plays in which session.
Captains, please get basic CC from each pair, and indicate it when registering the team.
Deadline for registration is June 7th @ 2359 utc.

If you are just a pair, please post here on forums and match up with another pair to form the team. Or as a single player, just say you'd like to play, and in which session, and pair up with another member : )

- * -

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: IAC vs ACOL - Challenge #4 Sunday June 12th
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 03:42:17 PM »
NO ENTRIES?
NONE AT ALL?  :'(

palych

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 11:32:22 PM »
I think we can play it. peuco, blubayou, Palych... I think we can find someone... I can play both sessions... :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 11:33:58 PM by palych »

blubayou

• IACAdmins
  • lifelong director [1977-2010] and haunter of ACBL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 04:26:18 PM »
shawn will come for the late session at least,   and i will find someone for the 4AM pacific session, too!
    That someone  is RQ4mulae for  7AM eastern  (4AM in Oregon where I live   lolol).
thanks for posting,  Dmitry and Francisco

« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 10:06:21 PM by blubayou »
often it is better to beg forgiveness, than ask permission

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2022, 06:20:41 PM »
Confirmed registrations (or sort off, please fill out the blanks or let me know correct settings):

Early slot: 1100 UTC

TEAM: Across the border
CAPTAIN: blubayou
blubayou & RQ4mulae
Palych & ????

Later slot: 1900 UTC

TEAM: 7NT team
CAPTAIN: Wackojack
Wackojack & billhiggin
CCR3 & Tislafi

TEAM: Across the border
CAPTAIN: blubayou
blubayou & ShawnT
Palych & Peuco

TEAM: Outrageous Contracts Preferred
CAPTAIN: iamadeus
Uof FL Jen & lysblanc
p0stm0rtem & iamadeus

TEAM: AVENGERS
CAPTAIN: thornbury
thornbury & jojah45
DrAculea & Darrell74

ACOL has 2-3 teams for the early session and 4 for the later one. It'd be great if we can match that, I hope we get more registrations, please nudge your friends.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 07:01:17 PM by Curls77 »

thornbury

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2022, 10:57:41 PM »
if you need another pair thornbury and jojah45 will play in the later one

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2022, 05:45:41 PM »
Thanks John, we'll love have you and Steve in IAC teams, I'll do my best find the pair to form your team.

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2022, 06:20:26 PM »
I think we are OK now with the 1900 session, thanks all so much!!
I just hope for one more team for the 1100 utc session, come on India/Turkey members, it's ideal time for you : ))

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2022, 07:26:27 PM »
Please be online 10 minutes before the start. Captains, if you see a teamie is missing, please try to find a sub, and let bbo_iac know as soon as possible. Please also alert bbo_iac if there is any player that frequently does NOT get the invitation.

We'll play 10 boards, then a short break (5mins after last table finishes), and another 10 boards. All matches in the same session play the same hands, which are just random, there are no pre-made boards to favour this or that system. Please announce your system and carding when you meet opponents, and alert all artificial bids by meaning, not just convention name.

Good luck everyone, wish you tons of fun !!  :) :-*

palych

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2022, 07:34:20 PM »
Across the border needs 1 more player. Peuco cannot make it at 7AM...

wackojack

• IACAdmins
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2022, 10:16:06 AM »
So many tough and interesting hands.  I have written up on a selection into a word document.  Sadly I find that this is not supported

Any suggestions as to how to get images and words from "word" ito this format?

kenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2022, 12:14:16 PM »
I tried attaching a pdf and that didn't work either. Let me think about it.

Perhaps you could make it a public file in Google docs or whatever it's called. You could post a link to it here, and people could respond to it here. That's a bit clumsy, maybe we can do better.

My knowledge of these things is minimal but I think this system likes HTML.  I have no idea if Word can be converted to HTML but my guess is yes. I will explore a little. I rarely use Word.

Here is an example. I haven't reviewed what I wrote in I this document, maybe it's nuts,  but it is tucked away somewhere and can be opened by going to

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-rHhafKanmwGiemMNLloDzTzBWmelB5s67Bq1YthYQo/edit

It can then be downloaded, not to here but to one's own computer, as a word document.

And then we could discuss it.

Not optimal but perhaps workable.

Added: Just to satisfy my curiosity, tell me Jack if you can read that document. I have often thought it would be a good idea to post some things that way. It would get things posted without cluttering up the iac back and forth.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 04:07:39 PM by kenberg »
Ken

Masse24

• IACAdmins
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2022, 04:39:26 PM »
Save the images (individually would be best) on an image hosting site. Save the link . . .
Then post them here with this: [ img ]Your image URL goes here and there are no spaces inside the square brackets[ /img ]
Your commentary can follow.
“Kindness is the only service that will stand the storm of life and not wash out. It will wear well and will be remembered long after the prism of politeness or the complexion of courtesy has faded away.” Abraham Lincoln

kenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2022, 05:26:54 PM »
Save the images (individually would be best) on an image hosting site. Save the link . . .
Then post them here with this: [ img ]Your image URL goes here and there are no spaces inside the square brackets[ /img ]
Your commentary can follow.

I, and perhaps others, do not know just what an image hosting site is. For example, when I speak of Google docs or Google sheets or Google slides, are these image hosting sites?

Some years back I was doing the sort of ting I suggested with a couple of other guys. Anyone could read what we wrote but only a few were allowed to edit or reply on the Google site I was using. Is this the same as you are saying?

Up until about five years ago I was coping with tech things and even helping my fellow oldsters but lately I am having more trouble. Part of it is that I don't know what the words mean.

Ken

Masse24

• IACAdmins
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2022, 05:37:50 PM »
Imgur.com and tinypic.com are a couple.

You do not need to open an account. Just upload your image, get the url, post.
“Kindness is the only service that will stand the storm of life and not wash out. It will wear well and will be remembered long after the prism of politeness or the complexion of courtesy has faded away.” Abraham Lincoln