Author Topic: It would be so nice if IAC was represented in BBO Championship  (Read 5387 times)

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi all dear members!
Have you seen BBO news:
https://news.bridgebase.com/2021/04/19/may-1-9-bbo-rainbow-teams-championship/?v3b=web&v3v=5.8.0

It is paid event, but not too expensive I hope. It would be so great if IAC would be represented by 2/1 team, OCP team, etc.. And great celebration if they do good and reach some of top places!

Please think about it and form teams if you find the challenge interesting!

Best of luck for brave ones!

wackojack

• IACAdmins
    • View Profile
Re: It would be so nice if IAC was represented in BBO Championship
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 09:18:06 PM »
I am up for it and open to invites.  Lets get at least 2 teams in it

Masse24

• IACAdmins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 09:25:01 PM »
I would enjoy this, but can't. I'm working at those times.  :(
“Kindness is the only service that will stand the storm of life and not wash out. It will wear well and will be remembered long after the prism of politeness or the complexion of courtesy has faded away.” Abraham Lincoln

hoki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 11:07:53 PM »
I'd be in BUT I detest that the times are not given in GMT or UTC. Duh, is all I can say.

Also, I could accept paying five BBO$ - no problem - but for a team captain to pay $20
and then try and retrieve $5 privately from three other players seems like a rather
daunting and unforgiving task. PayPal, the best method, is likely to charge another
$3 (??) administration fee, which sucks.

Oliver

jcreech

• IACAdmins
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 12:25:01 AM »
I'm with Todd.  Would enjoy, but still working, and the times conflict with my work hours.
A stairway to nowhere is better than no stairway at all.  -Kehlog Albran

kenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 02:22:03 AM »
I can't play but I am curious as to how large a team could be. Three sessions a day, twelve boards a session, for seven straight days is apt to always be a problem for me and I would expect it to be for others as well. Hopefully six person and eight person teams are allowed.

Best wishes and good luck to those who jump in. Not this time for me.
Ken

wackojack

• IACAdmins
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 07:31:12 PM »
conditions say 4 to 8 players per team.  Standard not known but I see Zia is running one team

kenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 02:33:33 PM »
conditions say 4 to 8 players per team.  Standard not known but I see Zia is running one team

Thanks. I looked for that but didn't see it.
As to Zia, one of the nice things about online play is that we now run up against top players. So many of the f2f games are stratified that this is not as common as it used to be,

This came to mind last week in an online acbl game where I noticed my Lho was Kathie Wei-Sender. Many years ago I was playing in a normal tournament and sat down against her and Ron Anderson. I also played against Jeff Meckstroth and a client. There were about a zillion kibs, I got flustered, and played like an idiot. I never played against Goren, but I knew people who had. Again in just an ordinary tourney.
Ken