Author Topic: New OCP Teaching Sessions  (Read 2626 times)

OliverC

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • OCP Super-Precision
New OCP Teaching Sessions
« on: March 28, 2021, 07:59:35 PM »
Hi All!!

I'm BAAACK!!!

After my year-long sabbatical (without leaving my flat apart from essential shopping) I'm back in the business of playing and teaching Bridge. Apologies for my long absence, but I was getting a bit too frustrated with BBO, not being able to announce lessons and the BBO V3 software not working properly. I realise things are hardly better (and probably worse) now, but after a break of a year, I feel I can face the trials and tribulations of BBO once again.

I'll be starting a new OCP Series on Saturday 17th April at 9pm UK time (8pm UTC).
The sessions will always be at that time up till the end of October when European Daylight Savings ends, when they will move to 9pm UTC/UK.

Hope to see old and new faces in the [public] LESSON Club rather than in the Private IAC Club, as we can no longer[/size] do any kinds of announcements to IAC Members only. The silver lining to that cloud is that anyone can attend, including those who are not IAC Members. If, therefore, any of your mates might be interested, please tell them to come along.

[/size]Best Wishes,
[/size]Oliver
Oliver (OliverC)
IAC Website Obergruppenfuhrer

bAbsG

• IACAdmins
    • View Profile
Re: New OCP Teaching Sessions
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 03:11:55 AM »
Welcome back Oliver!!! :) :)

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 03:28:07 PM »
Welcome back Oliver  :)

We do use BBO iac in main server to send private messages to friends, which are ALL IAC members.

We have been using Lesson Club without major incidents.
If any kib starts abuse mute them by inserting this in table description:
-usernameA-usernameB-john-jane-Curls77-

kenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 01:42:49 PM »
It's good to see you back!

IAC has been a real success. People get to know each other and like each other. So we can expect that if someone leaves the table in the middle of a hand that it is because of some computer problem or some emergency rather than, as happens in the open area, some (usually unjustified) sense that they are just too good to be playing with their current partner.

Precision requires a substantial commitment, it's not the sort of thing where you can sort of play it, so I am not so sure I will be there, but I congratulate you on the success of IAC and I wish you the best with the OCP lessons. Who knows, perhaps I will make it.

Welcome back,
Ken

Ken