Author Topic: The Bridge World 2020 MSC Honor Roll  (Read 3065 times)

Masse24

• View Profile
The Bridge World 2020 MSC Honor Roll
« on: November 14, 2020, 12:23:55 PM »
2020 MSC Honor Roll
The Bridge World publishes a yearly honor roll. IAC members making the list are below.

BBO NAMENAMERANKYEARLY-TOTAL
Masse24Todd Holes  22 8140
JCreechJames Creech  47 7850
BluBayouJock McQuade  87 7610
BabsBabs Giesbrecht  96 7570
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Good job! On to the new year. May it be a good deal better than 2020.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 01:37:27 PM by jcreech »
“Kindness is the only service that will stand the storm of life and not wash out. It will wear well and will be remembered long after the prism of politeness or the complexion of courtesy has faded away.” Abraham Lincoln

jcreech

• View Profile
Re: The Bridge World 2020 MSC Honor Roll
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 02:07:28 PM »
It is important to point out that very few make the monthly honor roll, but reasonably high consistency and regular participation are needed to make this honor roll.  To win, it took an average of 705, but to make the list only took an average of 625 this year.  I think we have many more that are capable of making the yearly list, and I wish them all the best in the coming contest.
A stairway to nowhere is better than no stairway at all.  -Kehlog Albran

Masse24

• View Profile
Re: The Bridge World 2020 MSC Honor Roll
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 02:23:26 PM »
It is important to point out that very few make the monthly honor roll, but reasonably high consistency and regular participation are needed to make this honor roll.  To win, it took an average of 705, but to make the list only took an average of 625 this year.  I think we have many more that are capable of making the yearly list, and I wish them all the best in the coming contest.

Right, Jim!   :)

Just . . . "show up." Fairly good scores--they don't even need to be high--combined with regular participation can get you there. Although making the year-end Honor Roll list is possible if you miss one month, it is highly unlikely.

I would like to see more IAC participation. There were a couple of months this year where the IAC was well represented on the monthly Honor Roll. Two or Three or Four names is outstanding!

But this is a new year. Let's make a big push to get people involved at the start!
“Kindness is the only service that will stand the storm of life and not wash out. It will wear well and will be remembered long after the prism of politeness or the complexion of courtesy has faded away.” Abraham Lincoln