Author Topic: Appeal for opps  (Read 2562 times)

DickHy

• View Profile
Appeal for opps
« on: May 15, 2020, 09:18:43 PM »
Hi guys,

My partner (willo49) and I (dickhy) would like to play some decent opponents on Friday evenings UK time 9pm (guess NY 4pm).  There is a lesson in the IAC then, and I don't want to ask for opponents publicly in the club when we have set up a table because I think that's disrespectful to the teacher.  In fact, I suppose it's pretty disrespectful playing in the IAC instead of going to the lesson.  But I intend no affront (I'm deaf so audio, whilst a brilliant facility, doesn't work for me).

Anyway, would an IAC pair be interested in playing some friendly boards against us?  We're only intermediates, so the invitation is not that attractive.  If setting up a table in the IAC alongside the lesson is too rude, we could play elsewhere.

Bid ya slams!

Dick   

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Appeal for opps
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 11:52:01 AM »
It's very nice and considerate of you Dick to not advertise while lesson is going on.  :) This coming Friday May 22 might be last lesson from grypho, altho I certainly hope they continue.

Not all IAC members assist lessons, many prefer just play, so I hope you get some steady opps!   !H