Author Topic: And when we thought V3 was bad, came V5.6.0  (Read 2657 times)

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
And when we thought V3 was bad, came V5.6.0
« on: May 12, 2020, 11:49:33 AM »
There is likely no bbo user that was not in shock when logged yesterday May 12 and found out about split servers. Please read the bbo news at: https://blog.bridgebase.com/2020/05/11/bbo-upgraded-version-5-6-0-is-here/?v3b=web&v3v=5.6.1
It will severely affect all of players, IAC members inclusive, and until servers are connected even prevent us from doing spur teams  :(

Some of IAC admins, as well as admins of other clubs at bbo made tests and here is what we found out.

If you log in using the new web version. You can only see those logged into the old versions of BBO at the point of entering BBO. Anyone who is on the V5.6.0 but in private or public clubs shows as offline.
     But as soon as you go through casual to public and private clubs you cannot see anyone who is logged in on the download or flash or any of the tables they are at - the club room looks empty apart from now those on the new web V5.6.0 who previously you thought were offline.
     If you avoid casual and instead click on a players name to join their table this bypasses the new server and you get to see all the players but only those logged in on the old versions and you do not see any who are logged in on V5.6.0. But as soon as you leave a table it takes you back to the BBO home lobby but now you can only see see those logged in on older BBO versions and anyone else is showing as offline. So you may have started playing having bypassed casual but you cannot continue after one table has finished. You cannot leave the TD to make a table......it takes you back to the BBO home lobby ....the only way back to make a table is to go through casual and as soon as you do that all the players who are not on V5.6.0 vanish and those on V5.6.0 suddenly appear.
     If you are logged in using the old download or the flash player then you cannot see any players logged in on the newest web or any tables in play whatsoever only those on the other old versions of BBO. The club just look empty.

If any of this makes any sense to you, you are rare bird  ;D
I personally can NOT believe anyone intelligent would approve release of such faulty solution, and altho they say they work on connecting 2 servers, I do not believe it will happen any time soon, and worse, it won't be their priority link older bbo versions. Nothing we can do but wait and hope for the best, which was what we have done since the covid put all our lives upside down.

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: And when we thought V3 was bad, came V5.6.0
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 07:18:34 PM »
Here is what barmar answered in forums, and was exactly what i worried....
https://www.bridgebase.com/forums/topic/82642-split-server-flash-version/page__gopid__996644#entry996644
"The Windows and Flash versions are frozen, they're not going to be updated for compatibility with this change. The Android and IOS updated will be available in a few days"

Those of you still using older bbo versions, would have to double check if your registration to trny or team has any efect, I am not sure it will. Nor creation of trnys or teams will work I suppose, havent tried it yet.