Author Topic: will pairs ladder, or team ladder start up again,,,how many are interested?  (Read 18896 times)

OliverC

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • OCP Super-Precision
Guys, if you're happy that it'll be functional, even if not perfect, then I'm absolutely going to suggest you run with it and give it a go. I really don't have the time to tackle the Pairs Ladder page on the site at the moment (To give you an idea, the Weekly Play Calendar page took me about 20 minutes and the Admin page about 10 minutes to put together, but finding the source of the problem in the Pairs Ladder page is an exponentially larger problem.

You can put it up in the Drop-box area and publicise it and see what happens without any need for my involvement, so go for it.
Oliver (OliverC)
IAC Website Obergruppenfuhrer

ian84

• IACAdmins
    • View Profile
|Thx Oliver. I'll seed the existing spreadsheet with some data and get it up to the Admin area later on Monday. I'll be away for a family funeral in Wales 11-12 April so hopefully we can start to roll it out from Fri 13th.
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids

ian84

• IACAdmins
    • View Profile
Sorry I never got the prototype spreadsheet up to the Admin area before being thrown out of the Admin group. So I guess its back to you Oliver.

OliverC

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • OCP Super-Precision
Ian, You said that the spreadsheet was going to be totally independent of the website and the forum, so how does your access or lack of it to the Admin area affect anything? See my previous message above.
Oliver (OliverC)
IAC Website Obergruppenfuhrer

ian84

• IACAdmins
    • View Profile
Well according to my understanding of IAC's quality control protocol, my new spreadsheet would need to okayed by the IAC Admins before going live. Since I'm no longer an Admin I have no interest in pursuing this now.

onoway

• View Profile
If Joe is willing to admin a pairs ladder then we wil just have to figure something out. I understand Oliver is totally strapped for time now, Ian can't be the only person in IAC with spreadsheet skills. It's too bad that it didn't work out with Ian, but since it seems as though it hasn't, I will try to find time to investigate other possibilities. If anyone has suggestions as to people who might be both capable and willing, they'd be most welcome! It would be a treat for the members to have something ready to go by late August or army September if we can manage it.

yleexotee

• View Profile
I'm willing to admin for the ladder again. However, it sounds like you all were exploring some other process because the code didn't work for the ladder after the rewrite, is that correct?

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
IAC site needs serious rewrite of both Ladders, for Pairs and for Teams, neither works right now & Oliver just has no time to do it.
So we MUST rely on any outside source.

I think Team Series is also affected. Of course, there is no point running it now during summer, as many members are away, but they all ask for them, we should plan them for fall.

If you can help Joe, pls do, all wants ladders back. And if u need a hand, just holler :)

yleexotee

• View Profile
Well, perhaps its as simple as posting a google sheet with the pairs names. They email me to tell me results and I move the teams. This is not as nice as some automatic features, but at least everyone could see the ladder and current champions. They could CC me on all challenges and we could generally keep the rules the same.

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Joe, u just got carma yay :)
If you do not mind have all that work, lets start. Announcment in BBO and off Pairs go, TY!

yleexotee

• View Profile
https://goo.gl/AcfbGY

This is what the sheet would look like. Very simple. and I will move the names when I get reported results.

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Looks fine to me -- pls give it a start Joe, even tho plenty of members are on vacation, many are still around, bored to death and awaiting some IAC action.
Wish GL and fun to all  :) with huge TY for organizining it!
Sanya