Author Topic: Di stories - why my partner is playing against me  (Read 2142 times)

hi bye

• View Profile
Di stories - why my partner is playing against me
« on: March 05, 2020, 01:11:25 PM »
Have you ever had the feeling that your partner is playing against you?
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will, just remember that if one person behaves in a certain way, there is a reason.
We are human. We have our worries, problems and regrets. But how does our own problems interact with the way we are playing bridge? This is a question that has its answers. I am still trying to find out how the problems of our life are related to the way of our play. I've come to this conclusion: playing in a bad way doesn't mean you are bad. It simply means that we are human and we make mistakes. So if your partner has a bad day, just tell him how much you care. We all have personality that is unique. We have to catch the mood and the emotions of our partner, and transfer them into something positive. I discovered that encouragement and praise give me more motivation that saying something like: You are not good. Instead of that I'd say: You have much to learn. We all have had bad partners. Or we all have been bad partners. The way we accept the reality and our attitude towards it shows who we are. And you? Have you ever played so bad but you couldn't do anything about it? Or had some partner who was playing in a bad way? What did you do and how did you react? Share with us!

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Di stories - why my partner is playing against me
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 01:06:37 AM »
imho, whoever says they have never have been bad pard to someone, they are liers or never played card game :)
So very beautiful story again Di  :-*