Author Topic: Alerts, again - what else :D  (Read 2398 times)

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Alerts, again - what else :D
« on: January 19, 2020, 09:25:31 PM »
All know by now that I keep insisting on proper alerts in all IAC games, as explained in other topics. And even tho our IAC Guidelines now specifically tell about it, and all our TDs run rules that ask players to alert all artificial bids and special pardship agreements, every now and then comes period when it is ignored, massive ignore.
We have members that play Precison, and various versions of it, and we are like hawks on them to alert. Each week we get more ACOL players that also alert all their bids. Why is that us, majority - people that play 2/1, and plain assume all others know when our 1H-1N is forcing or semi forcing??
And what about 1H-2C? None ever alerts it anymore and their opps are in awe seeing that dummy only had xxx in clubs. Please, lets be fair to all colegues in the club. Takes only couple seconds, and it's for benefit of all, kibs too. TD's will be once again instructed to punish those that do not alert, and harshly those that were asked about meaning of the bid and denied to reply.
MIND: We do not ask for alerts as "Jac2N", or "Cappeletti". Not all know all conventions, nor they are required to know them. Some might play them differently. Alert bids by meaning: "4+ trumps, GF, Jac2N" is an example.

ian84

• IACAdmins
    • View Profile
Re: Alerts, again - what else :D
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 06:51:02 PM »
I agree Sanja. Its tricky to put whats required into words when announcing 'the rules' though, it needs to be punchy. I note that Eleanor has her tourney rules on her tourney description. Seems like a good idea to me.
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids