Author Topic: New weekend tourneys  (Read 3615 times)

ian84

• IACAdmins
    • View Profile
New weekend tourneys
« on: December 05, 2019, 03:03:45 PM »
I'll be running 2 new tourneys over the weekend

Saturday Sizzler - 8 board 4x2 pairs IMPs 6mins per board  will start on Sat 14 Dec 7pm UK/UTC 2pm Eastern

Serious Sunday - 1st one ran on Sun 1st Dec. I would like this to be 16 boards 4x4 MP Pairs but for the first one I cut it down to 12 bds to accommodate our Indian players. Going forward, I would like it start at 6.30 UK/UTC, 1.30 Eastern. This will also now be 6 mins per board, cut down from the 7min standard as requested by the players in the first tourney.

Please let me know what are your preferences
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New weekend tourneys
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 11:17:34 PM »
WTG Ian !  :) It's so nice of you to run both, and even more try keep with different reuqests. Hopefully members will know show appreciatiion with nice attendance, altho it may take a while until they get used to slots, specially in this holdiday season. But pls persist, and it's so great have u back  !H

GG_Bridge

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 08:40:39 PM »
I have changed the time for the Sunday tourney ...

I shouldn't complain since this tourney is scheduled at a time I'm already playing ... but I always wonder why if a few players say we want to play faster it happens ... that's definitely going to favor the more advanced players (imo).  As we're a teaching club, why not give players more time to think?

C

ian84

• IACAdmins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 02:19:30 PM »
Yes I hear you Charlene. If the players are all quick, the round finishes early :). We had 1 player who had connection problems last tourney, which prompted the requests to cut down the board time. I'll see how it goes this evening.
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids