Author Topic: New BBO html client  (Read 11906 times)

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New BBO html client
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2019, 04:38:05 PM »
Welcome back Ian  :)
Documentation on V3 is definately needed, and none yet gout around to do it, so if you would, we'd very much appreciate! Thank you!

patcanuck

Re: New BBO html client and Chrome
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2020, 07:39:55 AM »
As things currently stand no one but the teacher should use the Voice feature otherwise you are in for a whole world of hurt. Some won't be able other everyone and some won't hear anyone. At worst you will have someone talking right over the teacher without being aware of it.
As for Chrome: No one should be using Chrome for anything. The lates revelation is that at least  500 Chrome extensions are reporting everything you do to people interested in your interests, what you buy etc.

kenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2020, 04:08:23 PM »
I use Chrome, my wife uses Firefox, neither of us much cares for Edge, but my hope is that we can each make our own choice. Early on in the updated BBO there were some features, I have forgotten the details, that worked on Chrome but not on Firefox. I am pretty sure this has been fixed. Perhaps some browsers are too obscure so that it is unreasonable to accommodate them but that doesn't apply to Firefox, Chrome or Edge. And no doubt there are other much used browsers that stuff should work on. I am not a techie so I cannot make a complete list.

Here is something that I would like to do but can't figure out how to do. I would like to seat four robots at a table and play a hand that I give them (this much I can do) and then I would like to save the bidding and play afterward so I can post it for discussion.

I am thinking it would be like "Are you smarter than a robot?", or at any rate it would be a way of seeing and discussing just how the bots think.

Most techie things are really easy once someone says how it is done, and really impossible to figure out without this guidance. Does anyone know how to do this?

Ken

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New BBO html client and Chrome
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2020, 04:13:09 PM »
As things currently stand no one but the teacher should use the Voice feature otherwise you are in for a whole world of hurt. Some won't be able other everyone and some won't hear anyone. At worst you will have someone talking right over the teacher without being aware of it.
As for Chrome: No one should be using Chrome for anything. The lates revelation is that at least  500 Chrome extensions are reporting everything you do to people interested in your interests, what you buy etc.
I knew there was good reason I hated Chrome ever since it was created.
I suggest do not use Edge either, it will be discontinued soon, and does NOT show most of V3 buttons.

Here is something that I would like to do but can't figure out how to do. I would like to seat four robots at a table and play a hand that I give them (this much I can do) and then I would like to save the bidding and play afterward so I can post it for discussion.
Ken, as far as I know it is impossible put 4 robots, at least 1 seat has to be human player, teacher or anyone else allowed by the teacher.

I can not seem to find where in V3 we can rotate hands previously saved. Does anyone know?

kenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2020, 05:48:32 PM »
I have put four robots at a table, that I can do. And I can load a hand of my choosing for them to play. I do this sometimes with discussed hands, just to see what the bots would do. But I cannot then easily save what it is that they did. I could copy it all down but so far I have not done that and then present ti but so far I have not done that.

Now that I said I can do it, I had better go give it a try to make sure it wasn't a day dream. But I am pretty sure.

Yes, I did it. I tried sending you the hand, perhaps it will get to you. What I could not do is grab the played had in a way that I could post it on the Forum.  I will experiment around more later.

To each his own on the browser issue.  I prefer Whoppers to Big Macs. I see the browser choice as sort of like that. Use the one that suits you. I can't recall why I switched from Firefox to Chrome, it was a couple of years back at least. There was a short period when some of the things that worked in Chrome did not work in Firefox. Before that I was alternating, one or the other, by whim. But then I started using Chrome as a default. But when I tried an aaBridge thing I could not get it to work in Chrome but it did in Firefox.I imagine developers want their stuff to work on all, or mostly all. browsers and usually that's the case. Sometimes there is a short period when that is not so.

OK, so here is a hand. It's a saved hand from my collections, I no longer recall why I saved it. I put four robots at a table and had them play it. And then I copied out the record of the play in this less than great form.

Not everyone cares that much about what the bots do, but here they stopped at 3 !S and made 3 !S. Well done, guys. They appreciate some kind words now and then. It looks as if 4 !H would be off 1.

https://www.bridgebase.com/tools/handviewer.html?lin=st||pn|~~M12498kj,~~M8202g9n,~~M13454kd,~~M2767dfb|md|3SKHJ874DAQ652CJ96,SQ842HQ53D94CKQT5,STHKT96DKT3CA8432,SAJ97653HA2DJ87C7|sv|o|rh||ah|Board%201|mb|P|mb|1S|an|Major%20suit%20opening%20--%205+%20!S;%2011-21%20HCP;%2012-22%20total%20points%20|mb|2D|an|Two-level%20overcall%20--%205+%20!D;%2010+%20HCP;%2011-18%20total%20points%20|mb|2S|an|Free%20major%20raise%20--%203+%20!S;%206-10%20total%20points%20|mb|3D|an|3+%20!D;%206-10%20total%20points%20|mb|P|mb|P|mb|3S|an|3+%20!S;%206-10%20total%20points%20|mb|P|mb|P|mb|P|pc|H4|pc|HQ|pc|HK|pc|HA|pc|SA|pc|SK|pc|S2|pc|ST|pc|S3|pc|H7|pc|S4|pc|C2|pc|S8|pc|H6|pc|S6|pc|D2|pc|H5|pc|H9|pc|H2|pc|H8|pc|D3|pc|D7|pc|DQ|pc|D4|pc|DA|pc|D9|pc|DT|pc|DJ|pc|HJ|pc|H3|pc|HT|pc|SJ|pc|C7|pc|C6|pc|CK|pc|CA|pc|C8|pc|D8|pc|C9|pc|CT|pc|CQ|pc|C3|pc|S9|pc|CJ|pc|S7|pc|D5|pc|SQ|pc|C4|pc|C5|pc|DK|pc|S5|pc|D6|

It looks as if 4 !H would be off 1.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 02:10:52 AM by kenberg »
Ken