Author Topic: Interested in Learning More about Competitive Bidding?  (Read 2047 times)

MarcSmith

• View Profile
Interested in Learning More about Competitive Bidding?
« on: September 13, 2018, 01:44:28 PM »
I have recently started a new group which runs on Mondays at 2:30pm Eastern (7:30pm UK). Rather than setting students pre-set hands and concentrating primarily on aspects of card play, either as declarer or defender, these sessions are designed to be more freestyle. Hands are randomly generated by BBO, so the topics covered are highly varied, either thrown up by the hands or raised as discussion points by members of the group. The format particularly concentrates on bidding, and particularly slam bidding and competitive bidding situations -- not so much system, but style, judgement, partnership co-operation, hand evaluation, etc.

There is currently space for two more individuals or one partnership in this group, although if the format proves particularly popular then I'll be happy to run more similar groups  in other time slots. Anyone interested can email me at marc@bridge-teacher.com.

In addition, there are also currently spaces available in more conventional groups with a focus on card play: Intermediate on Mondays at Noon (Eastern) and Thursday at 2:30pm (Eastern) and Advanced on Thursdays at Noon (Eastern). If you have two or more people and want to start a group at a different day/time, I'd be happy to get a group going with the aim of eventually making it a foursome.

Visit my web site for information about classes or any of my books, which can be ordered in print or electronic format from the site.

Marc