Author Topic: Open mentoring sessions on Thursdays - responses needed pls  (Read 2811 times)

ian84

• IACAdmins
    • View Profile
Open mentoring sessions on Thursdays - responses needed pls
« on: April 06, 2018, 01:09:32 PM »
I'm running an open mentoring session on Thursdays directly after Grant's session on Bidding Theory. For the past 2 weeks we've been looking at Stayman and transfers and I envisage at least another week, probably 2 on the topic. After that, I'm open to suggestions. The basic format of the session is bid, play and discuss, usually on a teaching table and using either pre-prepared hands, or specially generated ones using the Dealer generation facilities. The discussion is open to all participants, but we're lucky to often be visited by Mark Hugger(obsugar), Donna Stoker(DonnaS), Grant Griffin(GGriffin0), Joe Garcia(ylyxotee) and Todd Hole(masse24), whose contributions I gratefully acknowledge.

Any comments on the sessions, suggestions for improvements etc gratefully accepted. Also, I'd welcome suggestions for the next topic(s) that you'd all like to see covered. thx, Ian 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 12:34:21 AM by ian84 »
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids

ian84

• IACAdmins
    • View Profile
Re: Open mentoring sessions on Thursdays - responses needed pls
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 10:25:08 AM »
For the next 2 weeks we'll cover interventions over NT openings, from then I'm open to suggestions for the next topic. Please respond folks

ian84

• IACAdmins
    • View Profile
Re: Open mentoring sessions on Thursdays - responses needed pls
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 09:46:18 PM »
OK Thurs 3rd May I will continue with Interventions over 1NT - and then I think we should move on to a new topic. Please suggest something folks, otherwise I'll cover Ace asking bids: Blackwood, Minorwood, Gerber, RKC and with a little help from my friends, showing voids within RKC.