Author Topic: Purpose and Idea behind the IAC Teammatches VS the World  (Read 1282 times)

ggriffin0

• Grant's Phantoms
    • View Profile
Purpose and Idea behind the IAC Teammatches VS the World
« on: October 08, 2017, 07:17:19 PM »
Good-day! This is the first of several posts outlining this new format.

Beginning this Fall to Winter 2017, we will be starting IAC vs World team-matches (TM). In essence, an ever changing team comprised of IAC members and our mentors who will represent in exhibition matches against other BBO teams across 16 boards in IMP/BAM as agreed by each team. The rules and format of the teammatch will be posted later.

To align with the goals of showcasing the talent of our members paired with the expertise of our mentors, and bringing more interest and talent to IAC while validating the efforts of both teams, we are asking at this time what the level of interest is among our members?

Our current plan is to identify IAC members who wish to participate in these TM events as paired with one of our mentors. Ggriffin0, Hondo, Mitch, Oliver, Tenuki, are currently the mentors who have volunteered to participate. A Doodle will be created (forthcoming) in order that IAC members can sign-up to participate and identify the system(s) they wish to play. We will pair our members with mentors based on: 1) availability and 2) best fit. With this system in place, it is our thought that we can work through the entire list of volunteers before repeating, barring schedule conflicts. For scheduling purposes a second doodle will be created for each event with the idea that there will be one weekly or bi-monthly team-match. As we will be scheduling two weeks prior to each event, members and mentors can work together to hash out a system (CC, FDCC, etc) prior to play. Finally, to help focus our understanding of the bidding and play, Richie Reisig has offered to do some live commentary as the matches take place.

*Depending on the success of these efforts, we would like to open this event up to established IAC pairs more on the advanced spectrum of skill and expertise.  This is not to suggest that all are not welcome, but we do want to validate the efforts of the other team who are likely to be established country teams and/or expert pairs.

Besides the format, rules, pairing, and doodles that will be forthcoming; What are your thoughts, interest, or questions? (Perhaps all of the above).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:06:40 AM by ggriffin0 »

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Purpose and Idea behind the IAC Teammatches VS the World
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 09:43:20 PM »
how exciting and so very unique. wtg Grant!
 :D

yleexotee

• Grant's Phantoms
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 03:08:48 AM »
Sounds fun.

bAbsG

• IACAdmins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 06:10:45 PM »
Sounds good to me.  Should be challenging and a lot of fun so count me in!  Play 2/1 udca.

Thanks for organizing this Grant!

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:12:59 PM by bAbsG »

Crisperu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 06:48:53 PM »
Can I sign up for Grant's team matches.

monikrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 09:30:56 PM »
Phew! Finally got properly registered for the forum. Sounds great and I would love to play.

edit: 2/1
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 11:02:54 PM by monikrazy »

onoway

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 03:08:47 AM »
 Several people have left expressions of interest  for IAC on BBO, they have been directed to the forums but may or may not arrive here. If people  know members who are interested, please encourage them to come and join in the discussion.

Holden47

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 09:59:19 AM »
I would be very interested but obviously understand if my level isn't sufficiently high enough.  I prefer 2/1 udc with 2/4 but can play SAYC and other discard systems.  I can play a few gadgets and am keen to progress.  (I can complete a fuller c.v. if requested!!!)

southuist

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 03:29:01 PM »
I would love to play, 2/1 standard and various gadgets. 

pokerbids

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 03:37:37 PM »
well southuist forgot to say that i egged her on to have a look on here and would be interested as well.

hoki

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 08:58:38 PM »
I'm in, 2/1 with standard carding. It was a pity that the revived IAC ladder ground to a halt.  8)

Am hopeful that all times can be quoted in GMT (if necessary also in any US time zone that the organisers
may wish to use). What happens next?

Oliver

OliverC

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • OCP Super-Precision
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 01:58:32 PM »
Oliver,

The problem is that the Ladder page is a very long, complex page of php code and I really need to go throughy the whole page line by line to try to find where the problems with the existing page are coming from. That needs me to have 1 or 2 days completely free to do that (and nothing else), because it's not something I can do for 20 minutes at a time. Finding even one day completely free with no interruptions is very difficult.

It wasn't worth continuing with the Ladder in the state it was in, because I was continually being contacted about problems people were encoutering with it, but didn't have the time todo anything about them. I will get round to it as soon as I can.
Oliver (OliverC)
IAC Website Obergruppenfuhrer

Misa83

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2017, 02:12:47 PM »
I would like to sign up for this as well. Prefer 2/1 udca, but can adjust.

thornbury

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2017, 09:05:47 PM »
I\m in

Hi_Its_me

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2017, 03:18:57 PM »
I would like to sign up Prefer 2/1 udca