Author Topic: who has made an "enemy" of me ..and why  (Read 4659 times)

pokerbids

• View Profile
who has made an "enemy" of me ..and why
« on: October 23, 2017, 04:06:31 PM »
it is so strange....someone from iac keeps marking me as an enemy and last week curls removed me from enemy list saying she had no clue who put me there but i notice that i am back as an enemy of iac again!!! For heavens sake i am no ones enemy so who ever is doing it just stop it!!!

OliverC

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • OCP Super-Precision
Re: who has made an "enemy" of me ..and why
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 05:26:00 PM »
Vijit, you are shown as a member of IAC on the IAC website, and your name is on the list of IAC Members on BBO itself. There is, as far as I am aware, no separate list of people who are members of IAC but who have somehow "fallen out of favour". There is a [very short] list of people who have been removed from IAC Membership for misconduct, but your name doesn't appear there (and you wouldn't be listed as a member in either of the above places if it did).

There is a list (largely disused now, I think) on the website of people who are not IAC Members and who are people we would prefer not to have in our tourneys, but that list dates from days when we routinely held tourneys open to anyone and your name definitely isn't on that list in any case.

I seem to remember that individual TD's using the Windows BBO Client can maintain a list of people who they don't want in their tourneys and upload it into the tourney when they're creating or editing the tourney, but that is their list, and nothing to do with IAC. That facility may be available with the Browser client - I don't know.

Where are you seeing your name "listed" as an enemy of IAC? It's certainly not on the website or on BBO itself (and you wouldn't have access to view any of those lists in any case).
Oliver (OliverC)
IAC Website Obergruppenfuhrer

pokerbids

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 01:50:10 AM »
well whatever the issue was i think someone (probably curls77) sorted it out so thanks. Last week i couldnt enter the angel blue tourney though i could attend the learning session later. Yesterday again i couldnt enter the angel blue tourney but i had enough time to ask curls for help and she obviously did something and i could play it. So whatever happened is alll over and thanks for looking into it....cheers

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 04:36:47 PM »
BBO every now and then surprises us with some bug, which we can not prevent, and often can't find explanation of why it happened. Three months or so ago, it deleted 90% of IAC members - Pam, me and others that use bbo_iac nick kept adding them 1 by 1 as they noticed they lost access to the club.
BUT, for some of them, simple adding would not work, and we have no idea why. Those names had to be added, saved, then deleted and added again, huge nuisance.

Unless we hold tournament that is "open" to all BBO, IAC TDs do not include any enemy list, we just simply restrict access to be exclusive to IAC members, simply because all iac enemies are definately not  members. Therefore, there is NO Logical explanation why anyone would not be able enter tournament, but able access IAC room in space of 1 hour. I have no answer why it happened.

With Pokerbids, the problem remained untill yesterday when I removed him from iac member list; added him back, logged of and on, and finaly added his name as personal friend of bbo_iac, which shouldn't matter at all, but solved problems. 

Some players, annoyed by messages/mails from bbo_iac block that name, ie mark it as enemy. Or it can happen accidently, as they wanted mark it as friend or neutral, and by mistake clicked on enemy - that wouldn't help signing into the trny hosted by bbo_iac.
And lastly, being invisible when signing up doesn't help either, and if trny starts all invisibles (and their pards) are dropped off, automatically by BBO.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 04:38:49 PM by Curls77 »