Author Topic: The Angel Blue sessions  (Read 4242 times)

kenberg

• View Profile
The Angel Blue sessions
« on: September 13, 2017, 08:37:16 PM »
Angel blue had the first of his sessions today.

I liked it very much myself and I heartily recommend this to others. I made a silly error on one of the hands (I was worried about a deuce that I had pitched earlier but forgotten). That happens. The hands were well chosen and interesting, and I believe anyone could get a lot out of them.
Ken

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Angel Blue sessions
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 08:50:08 PM »
I've seen some of his lessons before somewhere else and was thrilled to see him now in IAC. IMHO this first lesson was beyond excellent, such amazing example boards, great approach to students and fantastic explanations of all why's and because's.
!H Huge thanks to organizers in IAC, Arik and Karen with hope it lasts... forever? :)

kenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 09:22:34 PM »
I won't be able to make tomorrow's session and probably not on the 23rd either. I continue to regard the lessons as very well constructed, thank you and I will be back Many of the hands ares such that when I screw up, as I sometimes but not always do, I look and I say oh of course I should have gotten that right. But I didn't get it right.

We just have to keep looking back. I made a bonehead play costing many imps yesterday. The bots may refuse to play with me!. Some things are really subtle. Far more often it is simply a matter of staying focused.
Ken

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 03:46:10 PM »
Exciting news !!

Arik (Angelblue) has been so kind to and published hands from his lessons at his site ( http://angelblue.co.il/ ), and he also gave permission to RogerPfi to include them in aabridge.

aaBridge is software made by IAC member RogerPfi, free to download at his site ( http://rogerpf.com/aaBridge ). It keeps getting updated, so make sure you have the latest version. In it you'll find lots of lessons - by Angelblue, OliverC, Hondo, just to name few teachers; many interesting vugraph deals; great collection of self practice hands; a game made to help you study distributions; learn to make dealer scripts, and much much more.
It's THE MUST software to have if you want to improve your game!

Big Thank You to Arik and Karen for great lessons, RogerPfi and GG_bridge for aaBridge, and Onoway for running this club where we are gifted by so many altruistic people  :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 07:50:22 PM by Curls77 »

Curls77

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 05:11:09 PM »
All 13 "Dare to Declare" lessons, with kind permission from Arik, are now included in aaBridge. Please download latest version ( http://rogerpf.com/aaBridge ), study and play them..
After very short break, on Jan 8th, AngelBlue will bring new Dare To Declare challanges, will you be ready for them? :)