Organised Chaos! > IAC Matters

'Play' problem

(1/3) > >>

ian84:
I managed to enter spots each weekday when I intend to be at an IAC table. Usually they start on the hour, directly after the completion of an evening IAC teaching session - typically UTC 20.00 9pm my time 4pm New York time. If the session finishes earlier than the 2-hour timeslot, I will normally start my table earlier. Tonight, I logged on late, approx 9.30pm my time. There were no IAC Admins logged on, so no-one could announce me. I sent out messages to Club and to the Lobby, but got no joy.

I then realised that I was competing with Euvid in the BIL, so gave up and joined his session.  After Euvid's session completed, I messaged several IAC friends and finally got a game together with 2 IAC friends and the non-IAC regular partner of one of my friends, so we played in the Main room.

I will amend my Tuesday night entry to start on the hour after Euvid's session finishes. It would be good if an IAC Admin is on-hand around that time. I have suggested to my IAC friend oktay to talk to Sanya to recommend his regular partner be fast-tracked to join the IAC.

Cheers, Ian

Curls77:
I am sorry I wasnt around to call players for your table Ian. Sometimes real life happens, and gotta attend it  :o Often Grant, Babs, OliverC or Pam will be around and any is able to make such announcment, pls whisper them and ask. In any case, the idea behind play calendar is that all members are aware of such sessions and plan to join them, without help of bbo-iac. But we all know, that most are not doing so, unfortunately.
BTW, what did u do to overpass problem you had with Play Calendar?
Oktay's pard will have quick in when/if they register in iac, which they never did. But none's entry to the club is forum's business and should be private information.

ian84:
Hi,
  I believe my problems with the 'Play' code are associated with my Java environments on each machine.

Desktop PC - I de-installed Java, intending to upgrade the Java release as AABridge didnt like the release level I had. When I attempt to re-instal the new Java release, the Instal package refuses to run. I am mystified by this and still trying to figure what to try next

Laptop - Iwas intending to upgrade Java on the laptop, however, it has since pretty much died on me. The battery is constantly flat, and my power line also needs to be replaced. ie I need to buy a new laptop.

Notebook: I have a notebook-PC which I occasionally use when the the other 2 are unavailable. This runs a cut-down old version of Windows Vista, and I havent upgraded Java on it. I tried going into 'Play' on it - and it works fine!!!

I fully understand that an Admin may not always be available, and as I confirmed, I logged on about half hour later than anticipated. I do have all the IAC Admins marked as friends and in a special group so that I will always spot someone if they are online. Please let me know when the new TD gets Admin priviledges so that I can move him over to my IAC Admins group.

thanks, Ian

OliverC:
Ian, I think I can 100% absolutely guarantee you that the presence or absence of Java on your PC will have absolutely nothing to do with whether you can load a page on the IAC website. The IAC Website code doesn't use Java in any way shape or form. There are small amounts of Javascript code, but that is a whole different kettle of fish to Java and only needs that you allow scripting in your browser (ie: Internet Options). All of the PHP executes before the resulting HTML and Javascript page is sent to your browser.

What browser (and version) are you using on each machine? That is much more likely to have an effect on things, but more  to do with appearance rather than function.

ian84:
Hi Oliver,
    I have the latest releases of Firefox and Opera on all 3 machines. The Notebook is probably not up-to-date, but will be shortly. I tend to use Firefox most of the time. I also have Chrome available, but I prefer not to use Google products unless I have to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version