Author Topic: Robots, living right and doing food  (Read 2232 times)

kenberg

• View Profile
Robots, living right and doing food
« on: July 01, 2017, 06:22:13 PM »
This being the first of the month, I played a few hands with the free robots. Here is a hand where the opposing robots took 13 imps from us:

http://tinyurl.com/yc4xzto8

They are in 4 !H, the opening lead is the !S T, taken by the A. Next,   small !C form the board, small by me. This board was from the USBC championships and at the two tables where it was played live the human declarer put in the !C T, losing to the Q. The contact went down. But not our bot. After the small !C from the board andsmall, he rose wit the K. He then played the two remaining top spades.   I will still be getting my A.

Now declarer led a  small !D from his hand.

My partner bot is not letting this slip by. Up with the A. and

Partner produces the  !C Q.

I can still set this.  I didn't. In fact it took me quite a while afterward to see just how. I thought that my partner hopping up with the !D A was an error, but I should have trusted him.

Spoiler alert: I will explain what I should have done:

Overtake the !C Q with the A  and lead another !C. No doubt my clever partner bot will let the T hold while tossing his remaining !D. When I am in with my !H K, I then give him a !D ruff for the setting trick.

There are times that I wonder just what the  bots are thinking, but on this one he is probably sipping an ionic martini while telling the other bots about this idiot human he was forced to play with. R2D2 would have been proud of him.

This is one of those "What did I know and when did I know it" things. Thre certanly was some evidence, more evidence than I glommed on to. Whether it was conclusive? Maybe.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 08:30:13 PM by kenberg »
Ken

OliverC

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • OCP Super-Precision
Re: Robots, living right and doing food
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 11:35:27 PM »
Nice hand. The sort of defence it is very hard to find at the table.
Oliver (OliverC)
IAC Website Obergruppenfuhrer