Chew the Fat! > The IAC Café

IAC vs ACOL - Challenge #9 Sunday November 6th

(1/4) > >>

Curls77:
Are we ready for the next battle??  ;)
Right now IAC is in the lead, yay!!! We have won 5 against ACOL's 3 victories, and I am sure they will fight hard in the next one!

This month we'll hold the event on November 6th.
Deadline for registration is Wed, November 2nd @ 2359utc, after which we can not accept new registrations.
We'll have 2 starting times (PLEASE NOTE UTC HOUR CHANGE, by that date the upcoming clock change will be over):
*  1200 UTC, 7am NY, noon London, 17:30 New Delhi, 1am Auckland
*  2000 UTC, 3pm NY, 8pm London, 01:30 New Delhi, 9am Auckland
All boards are random, but previously saved in sets of 10 hands, so that all those starting at 1200utc will play the same boards, and all those starting at 2000 utc will also play the same boards, but different from those at noon.
Each match is of 20 boards, played in two stanzas of 10, changing opponents at half-time. Scoring is by IMPs, without barometer.

How to register:
Please form your teams and choose a captain, who should mail IAC.at.BBO@gmail.com (and please CC me: sanja@sapo.pt), stating your team name, BBO usernames of the pairs in the team, and which session you prefer (earlier or later, either or both). If you want, you can play in both sessions, assuming we have enough opposing ACOL teams.
Each team can have more than 2 pairs, but there will be only 2 stanzas, the captains should inform us which pair plays in which session.
Important: Captains, please get basic CC from each pair, and or include system notes when registering the team. They can be as short as "2/1 udca" or "modified precision with journalist leads", the rest will be explained at the tables.

You can also register here in forums, just make a post as a reply to this topic, but please do not edit old posts, or we might miss any new information. There is limited number of teams we can accept, and first registered is first served, so make sure you reserve your place. Even if you do not have full team, register and let us know later players' usernames.
Even if you are just a pair, please post here on forums and match up with another pair to form the team. Or as a single player, just say you'd like to play, and in which session, we'll try to pair you up with another single member : )

Confirmed registrations:
Early slot: 1200 UTC - 2 teams needed

TEAM: RUX and Double Down
CAPTAIN: djc11
djc11 & V2008 (modified prec, udca, multi 2D)
Rebekahm & DrAculea (2/1 std)

TEAM: to-be-named
CAPTAIN: annwann
annwann & Vanja01
{needs teamies}

TEAM: Across the Border
CAPTAIN: BLUbayou
BLUbayou & Palych
Salty1949 & RCP4 REPLACED BY annwann & Vanja01

Later slot: 2000 UTC - 4 teams needed

TEAM: OCP
CAPTAIN: brian_m
iamadeus & OliverC
brian_m & Morvix

TEAM: Across the Border
CAPTAIN: BLUbayou
BLUbayou & FleuretteD
ccr3 & peuco

TEAM: Kampala
CAPTAIN: Antepa
olsoys, antepa, trampe123, mde, nespola
Pairings to be updated soon.

Rebekahm needs p, and teamies.

ACOL side has 2 teams for early session and 3 teams for the later one.
Therefore --- SORRY to Rebekahm, we did not manage to form your later team, nor have opponents for you.

Registrations are now CLOSED. Last updated: November 6
Good luck IAC!

brian_m:
I can get an OCP team together, I just don't know who the fourth player will be until I know Oliver's shift patterns.

The team will be :-

Aravind (iamadeus) and Douglas (p0stm0rtem)

Me (brian_m) partnering Oliver (OliverC) if available, and Jeff (Morvix) if not.

EDIT by Curls: Noted, Brian, thanks!
Edit2 - players updated

blubayou:
ACROSS the BORDER  will  show up  --Fleurette & BLU and 2 of the usual suspects  for the later set..

and  ..sorry  chaos  in my searching so far  but "we" will  get it together  real soon  for my 4AM  ordeal!

annwann:
hello  annwann and p Vanja01 want to be added for IAC  challenge #9 Sunday Nov 6th

Mornng session   1 pm

Curls77:

--- Quote from: blubayou on October 23, 2022, 09:28:04 PM ---ACROSS the BORDER  will  show up  --Fleurette & BLU and 2 of the usual suspects  for the later set..
and  ..sorry  chaos  in my searching so far  but "we" will  get it together  real soon  for my 4AM  ordeal!
--- End quote ---
Thanks Blu, ur ON  :)

--- Quote from: annwann on October 24, 2022, 12:00:54 PM ---hello  annwann and p Vanja01 want to be added for IAC  challenge #9 Sunday Nov 6th
Mornng session   1 pm
--- End quote ---
Thanks Ann, you are registered, I hope we get a pair for your teamies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version