Chew the Fat! > The IAC Café

IAC vs ACOL - Challenge #5 Sunday July 3rd

(1/6) > >>

Curls77:
Here we go again  ;D
Please post your teams as soon as you can, do not make me fret and beg 3 days before the challenge is to start.
ACOL usually has 2-3 teams in earlier session and 4-5 in the later one, lets match that, it's more fun for everyone!

Are we ready for the next "battle"?  ;)

This month we'll hold the event on Sunday, July 3rd, 2022. We'll have 2 starting times:
*  1100utc, 7am NY, noon London, 16:30 New Delhi, 11pm Auckland
*  1900 utc, 3pm NY, 8pm London, 7am Auckland
All those starting at 1100utc will play the same boards, and all those starting at 1900 utc will also play the same boards, but different from those at noon.
Each match is of 20 boards, played in two stanzas of 10, changing opponents at half-time. Scoring is by IMPs.

Please form your teams and choose a captain, who should mail IAC.at.BBO@gmail.com (and please CC me: sanja@sapo.pt), stating your team name, BBO usernames of the pairs in the team, and which session you prefer (earlier or later, either or both). If you want, you can play in both sessions, assuming we have enough opposing ACOL teams.
Each team can have more than 2 pairs, but there will be only 2 stanzas, the captains should inform us which pair plays in which session.
Captains, please get basic CC from each pair, and indicate it when registering the team.
Deadline for registration is June 29th @ 2359 utc.

If you are just a pair, please post here on forums and match up with another pair to form the team. Or as a single player, just say you'd like to play, and in which session, and pair up with another member : )

- * -

Curls77:
OK
Guys, I can not beg u each individually each month and have teams figured AFTER dead line.
If you do not like participating, fine, we'll just finish with the event.

southcross:
Hi this is Southcross...I would like to take part in the Iac vs Acol but do not have a partner.

Can I advertise somewhere to find out?

I would like to play in the Sunday afternoon session as the others are too late for me,
thanks

Curls77:
Blu is setting ACROSS THE BORDER teams, for both sessions, thanks Blu!! :)

wackojack:
I am not sure I have a partner for my team now.  Vee cannot play. 

Bill!  (Billhiggin) I haven't seen you to ask

PatCCR3 cannot play so I need 2 who know each other to be team mates  (Volunteers please!)

If I cannot get Bill then my last resort is to ask a non iac member

Sanya tells me that Boleo1 and Redbird are keen on playing and I see Southcross would like to take part also.

I will be on holiday in Samos (greek Island)  so my time on line will be limited to speak to potential players. 

If the early session is short of a player I could step in to play as well as captain a 7NT team if I can get the players. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version