Chew the Fat! > The IAC Café

IAC vs ACOL - New Match Sunday April 3rd

(1/5) > >>

Curls77:
Hi all : )
Since the match that took place in February was such a success, being enjoyed by all who took part, we are hoping that this can now be made a regular event.  The aim is to hold such a match every month, as long as the support is there from the players. We are going to provide two starting times, to allow those that could not otherwise take part to do so.

The next match is scheduled to take part on Sunday 3rd April, 2022. Please note that clock will change meanwhile.
This time we'll have 2 starting times hours:
*  1100utc, 7am NY, noon London, 16:30 New Delhi, 11pm Auckland
*  1900 utc, 3pm NY, 8pm London, 7am Auckland
All those starting at 1100utc will play the same boards, and all those starting at 1900 utc will also play the same boards, but different from those at noon.
Each match is of 16 boards, played in two stanzas of 8, changing opponents at half-time. Scoring is by IMPs.

Please form your teams and choose a captain, who should mail IAC.at.BBO@gmail.com (and please CC me: sanja@sapo.pt), stating your team name, BBO usernames of the pairs in the team, and which session you prefer (earlier or later, either or both). If you want, you can play in both sessions, assuming we have enough opposing ACOL teams.
Each team can have more than 2 pairs, but there will be only 2 stanzas, so you'll have to select which pair plays*.
Deadline for registration is March 29th @ 2359 utc.

If you are just a pair, please post here on forums and match up with another pair to form the team. Or as a single player, just say you'd like to play, and in which session, and pair up with another member : )

I am sure IAC'll do better this time : ) And even more sure, all will enjoy the games, so do not miss!

PS: Although we got nothing but great feed back about matches, with just a few minor complaints about specific situations; not all were too happy with the review that followed. We are still discussing how to modify it and make it easier to follow and learn.

* Sorry Blu, I can not make it 3 stanzas, too many problems can occur; while we want all matches to start as parallel as possible.

blubayou:
Thanks  for  rebooting this event Sanya...
 CCR3+Peuco  are welcomed helpers to  SomewhereAcrossTheBorder ,alias  BLU +  Palych,& Friends.   a third pair I will bring along soonest...

kenberg:
Carl had to bow out for Ap 3 so I am playing with Greg Bright, aka ironman451.  We will be playing on the Wacko (7NT?) team.

Greg and I will be playing 2/1 with stuff.  Some of the stuff will be taken from Washington Standard, a 2/1 approach described by Steve Robinson some years back. Washington Standard is pretty standard. Having it written down will, I hope, help us avoid misunderstandings. Of course there is still that little matter of judgment. If only that were easy to fix.

I am still fretting over a couple of might have been from last time.

Curls77:
Hi all :)
Thanks for submitting teams or looking for teamies / partners.

Please note that ONLY teams that submit registration to the bboiac by mail will be officially registered.

--- Quote from: Curls77 on March 06, 2022, 09:15:13 PM ---Hi all : )
Please form your teams and choose a captain, who should mail IAC.at.BBO@gmail.com (and please CC me: sanja@sapo.pt), stating:
1) your team name,
2) BBO usernames of the pairs in the team,
3) and which session you prefer (earlier or later, either or both). If you want, you can play in both sessions, assuming we have enough opposing ACOL teams.
--- End quote ---

kenberg:
Oops.

Greg and I had a misunderstanding about the date of the match, he has a commitment for Ap 3.
I will see what I can do.

Maybe Jeff Meckstroth is available. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version